The Wisdom of the Rooms

February 12, 2008

First Book Signing!

Hello everyone.  First, I want to thank you all for your kind reviews and emails about how much you like my book, and about how much you enjoy getting your Weekly Wisdom Quotes.  In fact, I'm posting one today, Saturday, that is coming out next Monday - so you'll get a first reading of it!

Also, I wanted to let you know of some exciting news in regards to The Wisdom of the Rooms.  First, I'm having my first Book Signing on March 29th, Saturday from 2pm to 5pm, at a store called My 12 Step Store in West Hollywood. (visit:www.my12stepstore.com) for information on the store, address, etc.  You can also buy the book here:   The Wisdom of the Rooms 

I'll be reading from the book, answering questions, and signing copies.  Be sure to attend if you can.  Also, My 12 Step Store is a wonderful resource for books, cards, medallions, clothes, and all sorts of things - and they also have copies of my book right now! - so do stop by.  You'll really enjoy it...

1 comment:

MikeLRecovery said...

Michael Z--

I got your comment/request on my blog (http://MikeLRecovery.blogspot.com) and I've now looked at your website and blog, as well as the very positive comments/reviews you've been getting on both, as well as reviews on Amazon....

The book looks very interesting and I will add it to my list of "to read". Unfortunately, I'm just half way through a box of books that my wife gave me for Christmas. A great gift, she'd purchased individual books over the last year when she saw them and thought that I'd love to read it... By Christmas, there were over 15 books which she gave me individually wrapped in one large box.... Best Christmas present ever.

I am curious how you went about publishing this book, it looks "self-published" (e.g., Lulu.com) which is something I've very interested in doing at some point. My son self-published his first book when he was just a few years clean (he got clean at 15 yrs old, 5 months before I got sober...) and I was so proud of him for following through with his dream.

He gave me a journal book, leather bound, a year or two ago and said that it was "for my book" that he knew I had in me. I suspect my blogging, which I just began a short while ago is a first step in that direction. I will try to contact you directly and see if we can learn from one another.

Here's an email address that you can use for now to contact/reply. I can give you a more direct email once I receive an email from you...

Take care!

Mike L.
Mike L.